Monday, November 23, 2009

Reunion Hotline

So because I am an anal control freak I decided to take the lead on planning my 10 year reunion along with some of my close friends. Let's just say it hasn't been the most pleasant experience.

About 2 weeks before the event the committee started questioning all of the decisions that we had already made about a year in advance. As it got closer to the big day I found myself fielding all sorts of questions making me a reunion hotline of sorts...

Reunion hotline how may I help you?
  • I can't figure out how to use Paypal.
  • You picked a horrible weekend to hold the reunion.
  • You spelled my married name wrong on the rsvp list.
  • We want four hours of open bar instead of one.
  • We don't want to use the dj we hired a year ago we want to just play our ipod.
  • There are no pictures scanned for the slide show.
  • We want you to hand pick out the ham in the penne vodka so it's a vegitarian option.
  • I can't figure out how to use Paypal.
  • My wife is going into labor can you change the date of the reunion.
  • I actually didn't graduate with you - I'm not sure I was invited.
  • What does dressy casual mean?

This continued up until the day of the event. I do have to say that it turned out to be a great event. However I only wish I remembered more of it and actually talked to people after standing at the registration table for 2 hours. A year of planning only to get so tipsy that I don't remember much after picking my own ticket for the 50/50 raffle and refusing to pick another one and then going up to a group of guys that I never talked to in high school and just standing there probably swaying while they looked at me funny.

This Reunion queen was in her Holiday Inn bed before the clock hit 12 and passed out clutching her clutch. Reunion hotline is down until 2014.

No comments: