Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Whole New World

So I committed single status suicide - I am the single girl who mailed out a photo Christmas card. I never thought I would do it. Never. I would look at pictures of those on people's refrigerators and think to myself how these women could bring themselves to mail something out to all their friends and family that screams - I'm all alone!! I have no one else to take this picture with me! Sure people try to disguise the picture by posing with their dog, or in front of a great landmark that they traveled to, or maybe make some kind of joke about it (like using their Halloween costume of a mail order bride as the featured photo - with a caption of "don't know what to get that special someone for Christmas?? How about a mail order bride!).





Well who did I choose to pose with for this symbolic occasion? He takes girls on dates on magic carpets, looks dashing in MC Hammer pants, always has golden glow about him and has a pet monkey. Yes I'm talking about the one and only Aladdin. It was a photo from where we met - on that beautiful sound stage of Morocco at Epcot. Here is a picture of him with his previous family (obviously before we met). And the card says Merry Christmas - Hoping all your dreams come true. Because mine is definitely to run away with Aladdin.



So anyway - yes obviously i'm not dating Aladdin - because that would defeat the purpose of this post..to confirm to my family and friends that i'm still single. (and he's already taken by that bitch Jasmine).

So I had 40 of those puppies made, threw them in the mail and hope that I'm now adorning my loved ones refrigerator doors with my very own singles ad.

Maybe next year I'll pose with my cat because isn't that the next logical step?

No comments: