Monday, January 10, 2011

Undatable in Providence

I don't ask for much. Ok maybe I do but I'm so used to not getting it that it seems like I don't ask for much.

To kick off the year of 2011, all I wanted was to be featured in the Providence Monthly magazine as one of five most eligible bachelorettes in Providence. Every year this popular publication selects 5 ladies and 5 men in providence which have so much going for them (besides being in a relationship) that they are the ones that you want to snatch off the market. i've had numerous friends that have been featured in this issue over the years. Naturally it would be my time to shine.

So my bff writes a fabulous nomination and sends it in. And then even takes the editor out for drinks! So I'm waiting patiently to hear what day to pencil in the photo shoot and I'm not hearing anything. Now I don't know much about putting together a magazine but I would think that for a February issue you would need to do some of these things by January. Right?

So I'm out for drinks with friends one night about the first week into January. I suddenly remember to ask my bff if she has heard anything from the editor so she decides to call him while we are out. They did the photo shoot THAT NIGHT for the issue. and guess what - I'M NOT IN IT!

So I try to gain my composure because like a true 13 year old that isn't picked for the cheerleading squad I'm trying not to start crying. Especially since i'm among friends and a new hot latino friend which has more to the story...

So then bff invites the editor to come have a drink with us! So like an idiot he comes and I can barely look at him. First of all - i don't even want to describe to you what he looks like because he is certainly not qualified to be selecting the most eligible bachelors and bachelorettes in providence. So of course I decide to give him a hard time and make him extremely uncomfortable - probably ruining my chance of ever getting picked for anything again.

So there you have it. Not only have I dated a ton of losers in Providence - my very own Providence Monthly has rejected me.

Do I even have to mention that one of last year's picks was a 50 something year old indian man who was dressed like santana in the photo shoot? Open up your eyes PM and take a good look at what the city of providence really has to offer on the dating scene.

So I turn to the hot latino and say - the only thing that will cheer me up is if you take me out on a date...to which he responds...you already had that! :)

Undatable in Providence Monthly's eyes but very datable in someone else's eyes....maybe everything does happen for a reason ;)

But I still let the editor buy me a pity drink.

No comments: